Peggy A. Christie
Your Family's trusted go-to Realtor®
Your Family's trusted go-to Realtor®
Community InformationLumpkin County, GA
- Northview Orthopaedic Associates
- Chestatee Regional Hospital Chestatee Regional Hospital(CRH) recently received re-accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (Joint Commission), demonstrating compliance with Joint Commissions national standards for healthcare quality and safety.
- Saint Joseph Hospital St. Joseph Hospital is a Catholic Health Care facility sponsored by Covenant Health Systems. Originally operated by the Sisters of Charity of Montreal, known as the Grey Nuns, its Mission is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus through the power of His Spirit.
- Lumpkin County Dial-a-Bus Specifics: Provides service within Lumpkin County only: Dahlonega to Woody Gap or Neels Gap. about
- Providence Canyon State Park Visitors are amazed at the breathtaking colors of Georgias Little Grand Canyon.
- Buisson Arts Center and The Artist's Palate Cafe Offering artists, residents, and visitors the opportunity to explore the arts by providing a consignment gallery, high quality concerts, artists exhibitions and contests, art classes for adults and children, and workshops all year round
- Dahlonega Arts Council, Inc. The DAC is dedicated to educating the public to the diverse aspects and forms of art through classes, workshops, presentations, art exhibitions, concerts, festivals, studio tours, monthly public art forums, community projects, and our bimonthly newsletter.
- Dahlonega Gold Museum Historic Site Twenty years before the famed 1849 gold rush in California, thousands of prospectors flocked into the Cherokee Nation in north Georgia, marking the true beginning of our country's first gold rush. Their dramatic story is told inside the historic 1836 Lumpkin County Courthouse, the oldest courthouse in Georgia. Dahlonega prospered with this mining activity, and a U.S. Branch Mint opened in 1838, coining more than $6 million in gold before closing in 1861. The museum's exhibits include a set of these coins, a nugget weighing more than five ounces, a large hydraulic cannon and nozzle used to blast soil from mountainsides, a film and gift shop. Visitors can also explore the courthouse features, including beautiful wooden chapel seats from 1889 and the judge's chambers. The town of Dahlonega is a popular destination for gold panning, shopping and sightseeing.
- Funky Chicken Art Project The gallery just received new work in June, 2008, by Luon St Pierre from Tucson, Arizona. She again brought along Daria Pigg who left with us a generous display of her delightful stained glass inspirations...still very difficult for me to photograph well I'm afraid.... Also, new in June, 2008, we have more handmade boxes by Richard Wilson, and some new pottery pieces by Jeanette Bottari, new paintings by Tina Kirk with soulful women's portraits in very moody settings, and two new heart stone sculptures by Barbara Rheingrover.
- Gold City Corral & Carriage Service Located in the North Georgia Mountains, we offer and create a variety of packages that will fit any occasion. We do all this because WE enjoy it! &&Come join us!
- Historic Holly Theatre The Holly Theatre Company presents a year round season of classic plays and Broadway style musicals. The Holly Children's Theatre program offers after school drama classes and productions created specifically with the entire family in mind.
- Amicalola Falls State Park and Lodge http://ngeorgia.com/ang/Amicalola_Falls_State_Park
- Appalachian Trail The Appalachian Trail Conservancy is a volunteer-based, private nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of the 2,175-mile Appalachian National Scenic Trail, a 250,000-acre greenway extending from Maine to Georgia.
- Chestatee Wildlife Preserve Chestatee Wildlife Preserve specializes in preservation through education of exotic & domestic wildlife. The preserve is home to more than 125 species (450 animals!) from around the world, including rare Siberian white tigers.
- Kangaroo Conservation Center Known as "America's Aussie Adventure," the Kangaroo Conservation Center exhibits over 250 kangaroos, the largest collection of kangaroos outside of Australia .
- Lake Lanier At 39,000 acres, Lake Lanier is the largest lake in Georgia and offers exciting outdoor activities including camping, fishing, boating, swimming, and other water sports.